Wind and rain didn’t stop folks turning out in good numbers for the annual Frost Fayre.
There was great interest and enthusiastic support for our campaign. Many people took the information leaflets and entered the free prize draw. Children (and adults) were intrigued with our new fridge magnets which are now on sale at The Mustard Seed, Village Treats and The Wheatsheaf Inn.
Despite the weather we managed to raise £100 towards the cause – which is a good start. A big thank you for that!
The leaflets / free prize draw tickets will be available up until the 22nd of January from various counters of shops, pubs and restaurants around the village. The tear off draw tickets can be ‘posted’ into the special boxes in Budgens and Magor Post Office. So there is still plenty of time to enter the draw to give you a chance to win one of the following prizes –
FIRST PRIZE – A night for 2 at the Hampton by Hilton Hotel – Magor (courtesy of the HAMPTON BY HILTON)
Other Prizes –
- A Classic Russell Hobbs Stainless Electric Kettle (donated by WILKO)
- A Chocolate Train (donated by the MUSTARD SEED)
- A Jar of Sweets (donated by VILLAGE TREATS)
- A Bottle of Piedra del Rayo Rioja Wine (donated by the WHEATSHEAF INN)
- 2 Bottles of Wine (White and Red) (donated by the GOLDEN LION)
- A £10 Dining Voucher (donated by the the MANGO HOUSE)
- Balsamic Vinegar and Oil Gift Pack (donated by L’ESPRESSINO)
- Tea or Coffee and Cakes for 2 at Donnies (donated by DONNIE’S)
- A £20 Dining Voucher (donated by the BLUE CUMIN)
- A Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage (courtesy of Be-GLITZ HAIR and BEAUTY)
- Box of Milk Tray and a Bottle of Vintage Cava (donated by BUDGENS)
- Phillip the Teddy Bear (donated by Ted)
Jessica and Julie on our stall